Leading marketing efforts is demanding. Team members come and go, executives ask hard questions, algorithms and tools change fast. To establish order, our clients turn to ecommerce analytics. Whether the sales happen on Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce or a custom platform, the measurement and reporting we implement foster ROI clarity. Our clients do well because they can now make decision making free of politics and opinions.
Ecommerce Analytics Clients We’ve Recently Worked for
Common Analytics Issues & Challenges of Ecommerce Sites
The MashMetrics Process & Deliverables for Ecommerce Analytics
As an expert analytics agency, we help our clients to make sense of data, no matter where they are on the scale from lack of insight, to endless metrics from countless tools. We help define customer journey, recognize patterns and opportunities, and communicate the results. We follow our standard process, with deliverables executed in four stages.
- Sales is the KPI of ecommerce sites. Our measurement plans create a framework of stepping stone metrics that matter most to proper attribution and budget allocation.
- Product categories and other in-depth product data has high priority in ecommerce analytics. We enable for each product division to do be analyzed both individually and as a part of the full ecosystem.
- Beyond the expected ecommerce goals, we define goals for stages leading to sales – awareness, engagement and loyalty
- Deeper targeting for lower customer acquisition cost via Facebook Ads, Google Ads, marketing automation & CRM.
- Google Tag Manager is used for a faster response time. We have a standard in-house framework that gives you a head start, so the tailoring can happen that much sooner.
- Quantifiable recommendations to determine the largest ROI opportunities for a limited development budget based on the suggestions of a CRO expert.
- Testing new marketing features and perks in ecommerce tools.
- Google Data Studio Ecommerce templates with continuous updates and custom tailoring .
- Standardize division, country, or brand dimensions to decrease time to insight for all business units in enterprise and multinational companies.
Analytics Tools We Implement & Integrate for Ecommerce Analytics Clients
We prioritize analytics tools in the Google Suite – Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize, Data Studio. Several of our clients have been on the stellar Analytics 360. We also love to apply Amplitude for customer journey tracking and Segment for data pipelines. Together, the stack of tools gives our clients a full picture of what’s going on.
Along with custom back-ends, the most common ecommerce platforms our clients use are Shopify, WooCommerce and Magento. The most important traffic sources tend to be Google Ads, Facebook Ads, display ad platforms such as AdRoll, email platforms such as ActiveCampaign or MailChimp, and other social networks such as Instagram or SnapChat. We create the links and make the data flow. The clients then enjoy confidence in their data and the ability to execute true data-driven marketing.
Some of the Marketing Results Our Clients Enjoy
Shortened to “The MashMetrics team were recommended to me for getting the Google Analytics environment [of our Shopify Plus site] setup and working properly and they definitely did! The team is super knowledgeable and dedicated.
They were able to understand the unique needs and not only willing but also able to accommodate them, even making recommendations that would have technically fallen out of scope.
Read our full Tastemade case study here.